How did dancing legend Vera-Ellen stay so energized? How do dancers keep their energy up? Or you may ask yourself, "How can I keep my energy up?" "How do dancers stay so thin?" Vera-Ellen tells us exactly how she does it!!!
1. Perfect Your Posture. How to perfect your posture? "I find once you get the feeling of the upward pull of your muscles rather than a slump you'll feel and look so much better- you'll try to keep good posture," Vera Ellen explains.
2. Limbering And Stretching. Vera-Ellen explains the importance of stretching. "Everyone should first do some sort of limbering and stretching. You don't want to work cold muscles."
3. Health Food. Vera-Ellen explains the foods she eats for good health and high energy: "I have always eaten what is called health food. We never serve white flour but use whole gain - and instead of white sugar we use honey...with fresh fruit it makes a delicious dessert."
4. Rest. How to maximize your rest? "The quickest way for me to relax is to lie with my feet higher than my head. It's very good for circulation to send the blood to your head and this position with your spine straight helps to rest your back and put your organs back into place."
5. Find An Exercise Routine That Works For You. Vera-Ellen was a busy busy person and she liked it that way. On an average day, Vera would have a dancing lesson in the morning, swim a hundred laps in the swimming pool, and then more and more dancing, even into the night she'd head out on the town. "I work to keep my energy. I can keep this up until sunrise I often go dancing at night when there's a good orchestra around."
(via Los Angeles Times 1952 and Chicago Tribune 1953)