Great Hollywood Costume Designer Edith Head....
Gives us FASHION TIPS!...
1. The line of the dress is the most important.
2. waistlines shouldn't be pushed too low.
3. Gloves are great! Short gloves in white or black for daytime. Long ones for night.
4. Two sets of pockets on everything looks fantastic.
5. Own a full length mirror to better judge how to dress your body.
6. Well contrasted colors to pull your outfit together.
7. Do not carry a very large handbag or purse. A smaller handbag or purse looks much nicer.
**I would very much trust these tips from Edith. After all, she won 8 oscars and nominated for 35! :)
Edith dressed Hollywood royalty such as Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, and Natalie Wood.
This is my favorite Edith Head design- As worn by Elizabeth Taylor in A Place In The Sun.
**The tips above were as given my Edith Head in the book, Hollywood in the 1940s: The Stars' Own Stories.